Share This Article
All About Marketers Guide to Instagram
Marketers’ guide to Instagram can be an incredibly effective tool for marketers if used strategically. But with many features and post types, it can be firm to know where to start. Staying on-brand and taking advantage of all that Instagram offers is a tricky balance, but we’re here to ensure you get the most out of your Reels, Stories, Lives, Ads, Photos, and Feed-Videos.
Instagram marketing is using Instagram to increase brand awareness, audience, leads, and sales. As the favorite social media platform for people aged 16-34, Instagram is a highly effective marketing platform for brands, entrepreneurs, and creators.
In recent years, Instagram has grown and evolved similarly to Facebook, rapidly implementing new features and becoming even more valuable to merchants and users. In this learner’s guide, we’ll cover everything you need about Instagram marketing, including optimizing your profile, creating engaging Instagram content, getting more results with feed and story content, and implementing your marketing strategy.
Plans for Marketers Guide to Instagram
- Organic content: photo, video, or carousel posts, reels, stories
- Paid content – Instagram ads, including story ads, shopping ads, and more
- Influencer marketing
- Shopping Tools: Shop Tab, Product Catalog & Labels, Live Shopping, Instagram Checkout, Shopping Ads
Research and case studies have demonstrated the benefits of an Instagram marketing strategy and have found that it directly translates to trades and leads.
- Approximately 11% of US social media users shop on Instagram.
- One hundred thirty million people touch Instagram shopping posts every month.
- People use Instagram earlier in the buying cycle, with 81% using the social media stage to search for products and facilities.
- 80% of Instagram operators follow at least one business profile, and 72% of users say they have purchased a product they have seen on the platform.
- About 62% of people say they have become more involved in a brand or product after seeing it on Instagram Story.
Steps to Form an Instagram Business account
You’ll want an Instagram Business or an Instagram Creator account to use Instagram for marketing. If you already have your Instagram account, you must shift to an Instagram business profile in the Instagram app.
Let’s learn how to do it:
- Go to your profile and hit the hamburger icon () in the upper right corner.
- Click the Settings button.
- Few accounts will have a Switch to Professional Account choice here.
- Tap on
- Tap Switch to Business Account, then Continue.
- Chooses a Category for your Business, then tap Done.
- Tap Business and follow the prompts.
- After setting up your account, you’ll want to add an Instagram bio and contact details. Therefore, after submitting the form, you will receive the response as a notification within Instagram in about a week. Instagram will never email you, ask for payment, or contact you in any other way.
- If your verification request is unsuccessful, you can try again in 30 days. If approved, hooray, and welcome to the super elite Insta club.
Importance of Marketers Guide on Instagram
Using Instagram for Business can drive brand awareness, boost sales, and build and track audience engagement. It’s an excellent way to find customers where they’re already spending time. It can also provide valuable audience insights for your marketing plan strategies.
Goal to Marketers Guide on Instagram
A marketing plan on Instagram aims to define strategies to engage audiences to achieve business goals. It also ensures that marketing activities are structured, relevant, and timely to achieve an organization’s objectives.
Top Instagram Marketing Guide Tips
Use the tips below to build your Instagram marketing plan and set your brand up for success.
- Optimize your Instagram profile
- Create your Instagram content strategy
- Use Instagram hashtags
- Post Instagram Stories
- Turn Instagram Stories into highlights
- Set up an Instagram shop
- Run an Instagram contest
- Use Instagram automation
- Use Instagram Reels
- Work with Instagram influencers
- Use Instagram ads
Optimize your Instagram profile
- To start marketing your Business on social media, you’ll first need to get a handle on the necessities of setting up your Instagram account.
- You must fill out your contact information, have a keyword-optimized description (don’t forget the emoji’s!), and choose an easily identifiable profile image, such as a symbol.
- This is a great start. But to get the best out of your Instagram marketing plan, you’ll want to take your Instagram account to the next level.
- Clickable hashtags. These can now be added to your outline explanation by entering # and then your desired phrase, just like you would in an Instagram post. Focusing on your brand hashtag can benefit you in building a community around your Business and finding content that others are creating about you. Also, including popular and relevant hashtags can easily add extra visibility to your Instagram content without significant additional work.
- Clickable profile links. There are several options on how to use this. A single way is to set up a “link in bio” page using a means like Link Pop or Link Tree to show your products and online store using just a link. In addition, you can now add clickable links to other user profiles in your Instagram bio.
Create your content strategy
- Instagram has one of the maximum active user bases across all social media stages, with 63% of users logging in at least once daily. They also pass an average of 28 minutes on the app.
- You must know what posts work best to get results with Instagram marketing. For example, does your audience like Instagram Stories better? Or do you prefer standard Instagram photos?
- In many ways, the aesthetics of images and videos are much more critical. Instagram is, after all, a visual-focused stage. Here’s what we see about the content that performs finest on Instagram:
- Brighter images work better than darker ones.
- More background or white space is preferred.
- Images with blue-dominant colors perform better than red-dominant colors, and pictures with a single dominant color perform better than images with multiple colors.
- Images that feature contrasting textures incline to generate more likes.
- Script-inspired and engaging Instagram captions that complement your content can help improve visibility.
Use Instagram hashtags
When users click on a hashtag on Instagram, they’ll see a collection of all public posts that use that hashtag. Perhaps even more important, users can now follow Instagram hashtags that matter to them. This also provides a content stream, even if they don’t mind a specific Instagram profile. Hashtags are an excellent way for users to find quality content that interests them and for marketers to broaden the reach of their content.
Types of hashtags you should use:
To fully enlarge your reach and get the most results from your Instagram marketing, you must use suitable Instagram hashtag types. Four critical types of hashtags are crucial for e-commerce businesses to incorporate into their Instagram profile:
- Brand hashtags. Most brands will (and should) have an exclusive brand hashtag. They will generally, attach you to every post, place you on their profile, and encourage other users to link you to any position where they share user-generated content.
- Contest hashtags. These hashtags are a kind of branded hashtag created for a specific contest. Contest hashtags are also great for your audience to create user-generated content.
- General appeal hashtags. Specific hashtags are popular with vast and varied audiences. These can additionally, help you get essential reach on your Instagram posts because they are more likely to be searched for.
- Niche-specific hashtags. Each industry will have keywords and phrases relevant only to your target audience. These hashtags won’t give you the same reach as general appeal hashtags but will drive more relevant traffic.
Turn Instagram Stories into highlights
- Initially, Instagram Stories would disappear after 24 hours. However, identifying this troubled ROI on that content, Instagram added the facility to keep Instagram Stories with Highlights alive.
- To add Highlights to your profile, click the black + icon above your gallery in your Instagram app. You must name your Featured and select the Stories you want to add. You can edit them at any time.
Set up an Instagram shop
- In addition to adding a connection to your stock in your Instagram bio, you can use Instagram Shopping to make an online shopping experience in your Instagram posts.
- Furthermore, businesses can also create an Instagram Shop with product detail pages, collections, and transaction support. In addition, product tags and stickers permit workers to hit on a product in a post or story, learn more, and go to the site to purchase it.
Track an Instagram contest on your Instagram profile
Instagram Contest Rules
- Before you get started with your Instagram contest, it’s a good idea to take a quick refresher course on Instagram contest rules:
- Do not suggest that Instagram is affiliated with the competition in any way.
- Don’t request users to tag themselves or others in images they’re not in.
- Follow local laws and requirements, including restrictions on age, eligibility, or reward offers.
- Openly state the rules for entering and participating.
Use Instagram automation
- Instagram Automation by ManyChat is a means that can aid in managing conversations from one place. Generally, brands using it can engage with potential customers through different entry points like the Instagram feed, Stories, references, and DMs to follow up with people and reply to leads, all in one place.
- One general automation feature is the Story Mention Trigger. When a user labels your Instagram business profile in a story, you can mechanically follow them in an Instagram direct message. This makes customers feel valued, increases retention rates, and helps you earn money on Instagram.
Use Instagram Reels
- Instagram’s big launch in 2020 was the outline of Reels. Reels are 10 to 60-second videos in a proper set-up. They can also be displayed on your Instagram feed and get a chance to be included on the Explore page, where thousands could see them as potential customers in your target audience.
- Reels also offer a unique opportunity to showcase your brand to an audience not following you yet. The more attractive your Reels are, the more likely the algorithm will show you to a broader group of people on their Instagram feed. This can also help you grow faster on Instagram than traditional formats like news posts or Stories. Therefore, reels should be a part of your Instagram marketing plan.
Work with Instagram influencers
- An Instagram influencer is an operator with a status around a specific niche on Instagram. Think of them as brand representatives for your Business.
- Instagram influencers have although, made highly engaged audiences who trust what they encourage and will share your product with their audience in exchange for complimentary products, experiences, or money.
Use Instagram ads
Instagram offers many shopping ads that allow your target audience to shop directly in the app. It also gives creators and entrepreneurs the following:
- Scalable pricing
- Easy-to-use self-serve ad creation
- Refined audience targeting
- Detailed reports
How effective are Marketers Guide on Instagram?
Ads on Instagram reach 96.6% of Instagram’s active user base every month. That’s a total of almost 2 billion potential customers! And the target group continues to grow: Metadata shows that Instagram ad reach has increased by 21% in the past year, despite changes to its ad reporting.
Instagram users spend 30 minutes daily on the app, which is pretty average among major social platforms, but the session’s length stands out. For a good reason, Hence, Instagram is a staple of many small business marketing campaigns. However, it has a great and diverse audience of over 1 billion once-a-month active Instagram users and also 500 million regular Instagram Stories users who are happy to involve with brands, resulting in high overall engagement