Share This Article
A social media expert is liable for posting as a brand account for any known network. They assist as the voice of the brand with duties that include:
- Daily posts, replies, and general content strategy
- Maintain your brand tone and values while interacting with customers.
- Align your content strategy with overall and also precise marketing objectives, collaborating with marketing team members on plans and KPIs
Why hire a social media expert to level up your team?
Let’s talk about why you’d want to hire a social media expert:
- Eventually, your company needs specialized knowledge of social networks
- Companies that do social good do not arise by chance.
- After all, the capability to drive engagement and ad clicks requires a specialized skill set.
- Although the skills of email or content marketers may match those of social media, they are not the same. Not even remotely.
- Are you looking to surge your Facebook ad conversion rate? Get followers on TikTok? Do you work with influencers? An SME can do the heavy lifting as quickly as possible without the guesswork.
- When you hire a social media expert with knowledge of digital marketing tools and best practices for each social platform, you immediately increase your business’s ability to see the benefits of social media. If your current social presence isn’t producing much engagement or revenue, you’ve got a problem.
A social media marketing expert can move the needle regardless of her goals. This includes:
- Increase brand awareness in your target market
- Increase sales and also customers directly from social networks
- Drive interactions between prospects and customers.
Suppose you are eager to scale your company’s marketing campaigns. The larger your business, the greater the direct business influence social media can take.
Study how hiring a social media manager can support your marketing campaigns and initiatives, such as:
- Product’s release
- leading generation
- Customer care and service
- Recruitment of new talents
Hiring a social media expert is crucial for long-term growth, especially in competitive industries like eCommerce, retail, or SaaS.
How to hire a social media Expert
Let’s look at the essential steps and questions to ask to find the right option for your business.
- Find out the channels your social media manager needs to monitor
In short, which channels do you need your SME to manage?
Most social media experts will know the ropes of any given social network.
Some may specialize in monetizing Facebook, functioning with influencers on Instagram, or beginning Twitter customer service. The want for this specialized knowledge depends on your business objectives.
Also, social media managers can help you build a presence on entirely new platforms. Perhaps your company has fallen asleep on Pinterest, or you have no hint about TikTok. This is where employing a social media manager can be a game changer.
- Prioritize the responsibilities and duties of your experts
As noted above, not all social media experts have the same responsibilities.
The position can be a mixed bag, making it tricky for companies looking for potential hires.
Below we’ve highlighted some critical tasks and features you can expect from your SMM; Which ones you prioritize will rely on the needs of your team.
Organize, schedule, and manage your content calendar
This is the big one. From preparing promotions to discovering click-valuable posts for your followers, dealing with a content calendar is one of the most severe and time-consuming tasks for any social media expert.
Basically, With the comfort of tools like Sprout Social, social media marketers can schedule their posts across multiple networks and post when each audience is most engaged.
- Sprout Social Content Calendar
- Establish your brand identity
- For emerging brands, building an identity should be a top priority.
Monitor social media trends: The role of the social media marketer is dynamic. Every business is different, and SMMs need to adapt not just to specific social movements but to industry-wide ones as well.
Quick and thoughtful responses: are a must for businesses looking to nurture customers and satisfy their followers.So, having a dedicated social media manager means those all-important mentions never go unanswered.
Support promotional efforts and campaigns: Perhaps most importantly, social media managers are critical in finding ways to support their existing marketing efforts. This includes helping with SEO, email marketing, and lead generation roles in campaigns and messaging.
- Define the essential skills of your social media manager
As a summary (and for the sake of writing a job description), consider the following social media skills to assess potential candidates:
- Writing skills to communicate internally, interact with customers, and write marketing copy (think subheadings and calls to action)
- Social media experience includes working with multiple platforms and understanding their best practices.
- Customer service skills, including customer success and escalation management.
- Understanding of analytics and other tools that make up a marketing technology stack.
- Organizational skills to manage disputed tasks while meeting a schedule and deadlines.
- No matter what your SMM does daily, these above skills will be critical to your achievement.
- Regulate if you need to hire a full-time or freelance social media manager
Some companies outsource their social media, while others do everything in-house.
With a full-time hire, there is a more significant financial and onboarding commitment. Internal social media marketers are naturally more united with their marketing team and the business. This helps them stick to goals and hit milestones and increases their understanding of your company and its culture.
Outsourcing social media management gives you more flexibility but also means losing control. Smaller corporations might consider hiring a freelancer and then moving to a full-time role over time, as their social strategy becomes more sophisticated and there is a case for expanding the social team.
How to choose the best social media expert for your company?
- Finding the right hire can be difficult with a sea of talent to select from.
Here are some ideas to support you in getting through the interview process and likewise determining who would be the top fit for your company based on your goals:
Firstly, ask to see your portfolio or previous accounts
Secondly, ask for details about the results of previous campaigns they have run. You can see their history and what they have done.
Finally, get details on how they measure performance.
For example, what tools do they use? What KPIs do you track and consider to be the most valuable? These questions are fair game, even if you’re not hiring a social media analyst.
2. Provide a problematic scenario and ask how they would handle it.
Whether it’s a fictional crisis or a twist on something that happened in the previous, role-playing scenarios, moreover, help gauge your candidates’ critical thinking and marketing skills.
3. Ask them to define how they understand your brand voice.
Therefore, this measures whether your candidate has done their homework and confirms that they truly understand your company’s values and tone.
Therefore, an excellent place to start looking for a social media expert is nothing less than social media itself. Generally, social media stages like Linkedin, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter furtherly are, teeming with professional social media strategists and influencers.