Share This Article
Blog Commenting Tips
Blog Commenting Tips: Blog comments impact your website traffic when used correctly. You leverage them to surge traffic to your site and start a presence in your industry instead of using them to build links. Blog comments have become obsolete regarding link building , but they haven’t lost value. Their purpose has changed.
User contributions in the form of comments, social media shares, and backlinks can go a long way in spreading brand awareness. However, not all words are relevant or add value.
Tips for commenting Blogs
Now let’s discuss blog commenting tips to consider while commenting on others’ blogs:
1. Use your complete name when commenting on other blogs
- Writing valuable comments on industry blogs is a shared content marketing tactic that still works because it can potentially send you qualified leads and customers. However, this isn’t enough if you make the mistake of not using your complete name when commenting on posts.
- Using your complete name when commenting on other blogs gives a professional impression and shows you are natural. Not using your full name is a lost chance to promote your brand because the foundation of your brand starts with your name
2. Carefully choose blogs related to niches
- Find your niche. It’s simple
- If you write comments on blogs that aren’t linked to your niche and business, you won’t get traffic to your blog because the people reading that blog have different interests that probably won’t align with your offer.
- Not all blogs are the same. The blogs you read and write comments on topics. Create a list of industry-related blogs so that when it comes time to read other people’s blogs, you work more efficiently.
3. Do not write irrelevant comments
- Do not write comments just for the sake of leaving a comment. It doesn’t help anyone, and it doesn’t help you.
- If your comment is irrelevant to the topic, it is automatically considered spam, and where does spam end? The bin. Nothing makes angry a content writer or blogger more than a separate comment. Unrelated comments are inadequate and do nothing for your blog.
4. Do not share opinions if you are not qualified
- Comments are essential, but so is the substance of the statement itself. How do I know what word to leave? The common mistake bloggers make when commenting is to share their opinion when they are not qualified to do so. This tends to happen more frequently on blogs unrelated to a niche.
- If you read a post on a subject matter you are not an authority on, and even in your niche, I would not recommend stating your opinion as a fact. In these situations, you should ask questions. This gives the writer of that article a chance to shed more light on tricky or complicated regions of that subject.
- There will constantly be topics we lack knowledge about (even in our niches), so it’s best not to state our own opinion on issues we lack knowledge and experience.
Why is Blog Commenting useful?
- While blog comments have now become useless as a link-building strategy, they can increase traffic to your website when used correctly.
- Blog comments are a valuable way to gain exposure and build blogger-to-blogger relationships within the blogging community when you add helpful comments and support other bloggers.
- Many comments left on a post will indicate that your content is highly engaging and may provide additional valuable content that complements yours. User comments can provide additional information and are usually filled with specific keywords.
- If you want to gain exposure within your niche, I would consider commenting on relevant blog posts where you can add valuable and helpful comments based on your expertise.
- This allows other readers to find your comment, find it informative, and visit your site.
Strategies for commenting on the blog
If you’re not using the comments section to grow your blog, you’re doing yourself a huge disservice. Leaving a comment on posts that seem relevant to your blog is not an option. It’s a necessity.
However, please do not leave irrelevant or “spam” comments and expect great results. Using blog comments to build links to your website is a waste of time.
When commenting on other people’s blogs, always remember the following:
- Use your full name.
- Focus on niche-related websites.
- Write relevant comments that are related to the topic.
- Ask questions about issues on which you are not qualified to share opinions.
When replying to comments on your blog, always remember the following:
- Always be as lovely as possible.
- Filter out spam comments using a plugin like Akismet.
- Hire a virtual assistant (if you can do so).
While link-building through blog comments has become useless, it is still a powerful tool for lead generation. Emphasis on the quality and value you can provide through your feedback, and people will flock to your site.
Blog commenting can be contracted out like article writing can be outsourced to freelance writers. Despite what (most) people think, blog commenting still works today. However, quality wins over quantity when it comes to commenting on a blog (or building links in general). In another, you want to write blog comments relevant to your niche and bring value to readers.